Something New for a New Year
I decided for the New Year I would create a website to showcase my journey and highlight my goals, achievements, and lessons along the way. Initially, I thought, “Who Cares?” Well, I do, and let’s face it, isn’t that all that really matters? Not only am I deciding to do this for myself, but I also want to use it as a way to include in my journey the many people who have been there for me every step of the way and also to connect with people who may be new to my journey.
If you’re new to my journey, and want to hear of my experiences from the beginning, read My Story here.
Let’s Recap 2013
As far as 2013 goes, let’s pick up where the journey really begins:
I had big goals going into the 2013 season, including bettering my time , winning the National Championships , achieving standards , and making three National teams . It was a whirlwind season and so I’d like to take some time, before looking to the season ahead, to reflect on those moments that have been so valuable to my journey!
1. ‘Warm’ weather training and season openers in Florida in March /April. This early season camp proved invaluable to the rest of my season, and I was joined by some training partners too!
2. Won the National Track League race in Toronto. This win really gave me the confidence heading into Nationals and through to the rest of the season. It was awesome to get some cheering support from some friends too!
3. Won the National Championships in Moncton, New Brunswick, and was named to the World Championships team!
4. Represented my country and wore the Canadian Maple Leaf four times this season! – Penn. Relays, World Universiade (FISU) Games, World Championships, Francophone Games
5. Won SILVER as a member of the 4x400m relay team at the World Universiade (FISU) Games in Kazan, Russia in July.
6. Competed at the World Championships in Moscow, Russia in August. I was fortunate to venture away from competition and see the sights!
7. Won SILVER at the Francophone Games in Nice, France in the 400m hurdles and 4x400m relay.
8. Ranked #45 in the World (improved from #92 in 2012).
9. Launched my Fundraising Campaign and received incredible support to make my dreams a reality and have my family and coach support me in Moscow! I’d like to take a moment to send out a sincere THANK YOU to all those who donated and helped support my season. Should you be interested and willing to support me along my continued journey through 2014, please head to my Fundraising page!
10. Teamed up with Infinit Nutrition to fuel my workouts in a customized way, and became an Elite Athlete Ambassador for ENERGYbits #poweredbybits!
Looking Toward 2014
So, as I leave 2013 in the past, I look towards 2014 with excitement and determination for what is ahead. I invite you all to join me on my continuing journey as I whole-heartedly believe that it is a team effort, and all the support and encouragement I’ve been fortunate to receive contributes to my success!
Stay tuned for upcoming events and competitions as the 2014 season progresses, photos and videos, random thoughts, and lessons learned along the way!
Yours in Sport,